Cabbage is part of the cruciferous vegetable family, which is known to be really good for you. Brussels Sprouts and Kale are also in the same cancer fighting category!
I love the recipe because it’s so easy and sometimes i get a cabbage and don’t have the time to chop it or shred it. This recipe only requires washing and cutting it into 8 wedges, then it’s ready for roasting!
Roasted Cabbage Recipe
- 1 medium-sized head of green cabbage
- 2 T olive oil
- 2–3 T fresh squeezed lemon juice (1/2 – 1 lemon)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- lemon slices, for serving cabbage (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Spray a roasting pan with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Cut the head of cabbage into 8 same-size wedges. Arrange wedges in a single layer on the roasting pan.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Brush the top sides of each cabbage wedge with the mixture and season generously with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Turn cabbage wedges carefully, then brush the second side with the olive oil/lemon juice mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast cabbage for 20 minutes on each side (or until the side touching the pan is nicely browned). Turn each wedge carefully with tongs. Sometimes they fall apart!
- Serve hot, with additional lemon slices to squeeze lemon juice on at the table if desired.