Pledging to lessen your foods squander will involve far better food setting up.
Pro idea: When you have a vacation coming up, it is time to clean out the fridge.
When you are heading out to vacation and will be away from dwelling for a whilst, it is finest to cook dinner from the fridge, freezer or pantry. Resist the urge to do much more grocery procuring. In its place, just take a appear at what you have and use it up. That way, you go away at the rear of almost nothing to spoil when you are long gone, and you won’t through any foodstuff absent.
Use What You Have
I lately cleared out my fridge and arrived up with a strategy:
- I had half a jar of pasta sauce, so prepared tortellini a person evening with it.
- I ate the cooked leftovers as lunch.
- I experienced lettuce, onion, celery and some tomatoes, so I prepared a major tossed salad.
- I snacked on the remaining apples.
- I experienced some blueberries and greek yogurt, so I created salad dressing with it.
Zero Waste Blueberry Balsamic Salad Dressing
I experienced leftover blueberries so I used them to build a salad dressing.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- ground pepper to style
Pulse blueberries, lime juice, yogurt, and vinegar in a foods processor until blended
Insert the olive oil and mix.
Period to flavor with salt and pepper, and pulse again right until clean and creamy.