Purple and inexperienced Xmas Caramel Corn is festive, sweet, and tremendous straightforward to make with the help of your microwave. No corn syrup needed with a maple syrup swap.
I know what you may possibly be thinking: two web site posts from Katie in one particular week. What is happening right here?! Absolutely nothing really. Other than I have been sleeping quite soundly the past few nights and I decided before my by itself-time Netflix or podcast wind-down regimen, share a tiny. Produce a tiny. Set out this recipe for Christmas Caramel Corn In advance of THE Thirty day period OF DECEMBER Commences. Or really correct when it commences.
Truth be advised I subbed a cooking course at school for a pricey friend of mine and she experienced this Christmas Caramel Corn on the agenda and man, it was SO effortless, so fast, SO festive, that even a 7th grader could do it. Hence why I’m sharing it with you all today!
Want the shades of the Xmas Caramel Corn to POP a lot more? Then insert a few a lot more drops of meals coloring. Want to present this sweet address to loved ones or mates? Then snag you some festive goodie bags from the greenback retailer or Goal.
I’ll explain to you this a lot: I’ll by no means transform down a sweet address [especially during the holidays] that is made with low-cost ingredients and all over again, uncomplicated to prep, make, and devour! Merry Christmas my pals!!!
Christmas Caramel Corn- Simple Microwave Recipe!
Author: Katie Serbinski
Recipe variety: Snack
- ½ cup unpopped kernels or 12 cups popped popcorn
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pop your popcorn kernels (or pop 2 microwave bags of popcorn) and area in a huge bowl.
- In a microwave safe and sound bowl, position your brown sugar, maple syrup, butter and salt. Make positive your bowl have home for the mixture to triple in size mainly because it will melt and then bubble up.
- Microwave for 45 seconds, then clear away and stir.
- Microwave for 1 moment and 30 seconds, get rid of and stir.
- Microwave for an supplemental 1 minute and 30 seconds and stir once again.
- Add vanilla extract, 10 drops of purple food coloring, and baking soda and stir till it stops fizzing and bubbling.
- Pour above popcorn and carefully fold until finally nicely coated. Enable neat in bowl or on parchments paper.
- Repeat steps 1-6 with environmentally friendly foodstuff coloring.
- Mix colors or maintain different, and take pleasure in!